Monday 26 January 2015

Negativity Technique...

Evening all,
Hope you've had a good start to the week...
I've been pretty busy today, housey chores and whizzing off some samples with some of the fabulous new Sweet Poppy Stencils.
I've had quite a lot of family things to attend to since Christmas, my sister is poorly and mum is currently in respite.
Anyhow being back n forth sorting things out has meant I've needed to press on and get as much done as and when I can.
So this morning I cleared the decks and had a bit of a play.
I'd already used various pastes through the stencils last week and put aside to dry while I sorted other work out.
The first card I'm showing you uses the lovely Dotty Flowers Stencil with translucent paste on black glossy card.
I thought I'd try mica sprays to colour so using
Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays I repositioned the stencil over the image and sprayed using T Bird Turquoise.
Then I sprayed Treasure Island Turquoise randomly over the the whole piece once the stencil was taken off.


I then decided it would be a shame to waste the spray left on the stencil from the first colour so I spritzed it again quickly with the second and placed spray side down on white card stock.
I was left with a nice arty negative effect on the card and I absolutely loved it!



Dry with a heat gun on bot pieces, interestingly the image on the black card reacted with the heat and bubbled which added further interest.
I finished by matting, layering and adding a few gems.
So a couple of samples finished, using the excess spray to avoid wastage
and that also resulted in a technique for the Resourceful Crafting section of my blog.
Job done and more than happy with the result!
More Sweet Poppy to come from me, thanks so much for popping by.
Crafty Hugs xKx



No comments: