Tuesday 9 January 2018

Warm and Cosy Love Place

It's so cold, I wanted to create a comforting, cosy looking card with a Valentine theme.
I used a piece of wood effect paper on a kraft card blank and layered with the pink embossed card.
The embossing folder I used for this is from a set of 2, Sizzix Texture Fade set "Holiday Knit"
These have been in my stash a long time I recently used them again for some of my Christmas cards.
I had a lot of interest in these cards and contact about the folders used.
The knitted look is fab and needn't just be for Christmas.




I the die cut the red and pink felt hearts and used 
Polly Allsorts Whimsical Street Sign stamp set to create the 
Love Place sign, adding wire and foam pads to mount on to the hearts.



The wood effect paper for the sign board was mounted on to a piece of card for strength and stamped with Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves ink, Love Place is stamped in the Pincone colour.
Once cut out, red wire was formed to shape and attached through holes made with a pokey tool.
Red ribbon has been threaded through a length of rustic ribbon and a bow tied to finish.

Polly Allsorts Whimsical products can be purchased here

I'm working from home today so I think a warming hot chocolate will be on the menu for this afternoon, keeping snug and warm.
If you have the awful flu that's is prevalent I hope you soon feel better and can avoid it if you haven't had it already.
Crafty Hugs xKx

No comments: