Thursday 22 June 2017

The gift of friendship, dream catcher

I spent last weekend in Coventry with two best buddies at the 
One Big Show.
We started our journey with AFCIUK back last year where we first met, each of us with different goals and aspirations and bought together at one event. We chatted in the day and at the evening networking event we gelled together and firm friendships were made.
I never though that a year on I would have the opportunity of displaying my work at such an event.
A selection of pieces from my last 3 - 4 years of workshop project samples and some demonstration pieces were on display.
A big thank you to everyone who stopped to chat and look at my work, for all the wonderful feedback and the further opportunities that have presented themselves as a result. 
Joint forces and friendships within the organisation provide support, help and encouragement to develop businesses and help independents reach goals and aspirations.
The resources and advice available at the show from experts in the industry is invaluable and I felt so privileged to be part of it.
We not only met up with friends we made last year and followed up on how we had all progressed and 
achieved goals but, we welcomed newcomers who will now be doing the same.
One amazing highlight for me was meeting Stacey Caron, owner of Stacey Caron Designs co-founder and president of Spellbinders Creative Arts, and and her husband Jeff.
Stacey was a Keynote speaker and spoke very openly about her craft journey as well as giving hints and tips.
They were both lovely and very generous and giving of their time, tips and advice, Stacey had also organised a beautiful make and take which sums it all up, friendship and dreams.
Every time I look at this hanging up in my house I will remember the happy time spent with friends old and new and doing what we all love together, enjoying our craft.
Just look at what this wonderful gift and kit created, I love it!





A blast from the past! 
I had one of these when they first came out and still have it!
Never thought one day I'd meet the creator and be doing what I'm doing today.
Reach your goals, take a series of tiny steps...
A big thank you to everyone else involved and especially my two best buddies along with Craig and Sarah who are both so giving of their time and the fantastic opportunities that Craig has presented to us like going to Creativworld, Frankfurt.
Love and crafty hugs xKx 





No comments: