Saturday 3 February 2018

Needle Felting technique class

Yesterday I had a great time attending a lovely beginners needle felting workshop run by Judy, who along with her sister Roz own
Woolly Felters.
Fabulous talent and awesome creations by both these ladies!
On my agenda this year is to fit in time for new activities and things that I say I must do that but never get around to doing!
It's was so good to actually attend a craft workshop for a change and learn a new skill, very refreshing!
Friends of mine had attended these classes and thoroughly recommended them and yesterday did not disappoint.
The class was called Wee Woolly Wonkies and we could choose a character to make in the 2 hour 30 minute class.
I chose to create a Hare.
Now I though I was going to be rubbish to be honest and was seriously worried about pricking my fingers!
My doubts diminished quite quickly and I was pleased and quite surprised with how I took to the technique with Judy's expert tuition and written instruction.
I started off and progressed quite quickly but then the perfectionist in me took over a bit so I didn't quite finish in class by my own choice.
I found the features quite tricky but once I got home I soon tinkered with my character and got him completed and was very happy with the result.
At the moment I'm in the middle of teaching myself some basic weaving techniques, another task that was on my to do list! Lol
I do have a plan with here this is all heading but that is for another day.
So without further ado let me introduce you to Harvey Hare, I'm going to show my age here and refer to the 1950's film staring James Stewart with Harvey the rabbit, but I've chosen to name my Hare Harvey, he has a character all of his own and I really am a little in love with my first needle felted creations.
Enjoy your weekend, crafty hugs xKx








No comments: