Wednesday 5 December 2012

Oriental Sample Cards from Clarity TV Shows Dec 2nd

Good evening,
These are the last of the card samples I made for the weekends shows and are my personal favourites.
The first design uses The Pagoda, Geisha and Water Lilly along with the Cherry Blossom which I already had and a foliage stamp for adding some detail and grounding.

I used the linen textured card again for these two samples and the background of this was coloured and blended using Pans Turquoise and Orange, making sure to add a mask for the "Sun" first.
Once the background was created I removed the "Sun" mask and coloured the sun, leaving a white outer rim, this can also be created by rubbing out the colour around the edge of the sun.
The "Hazy" effect and water were created by rubbing away some of the colour too.
I then stamped the images, added Glamour Dust to the water, gems to the Cherry Blossom and a touch of white also to this and the Lilly using a White Pilot marker pen.
Matted and layered onto co-ordinating card stock and the finishing touch with the opened out raffia ribbon and bow.

This last sample uses the Chinese Lanterns, Best Wishes and Flourish from the set.
I coloured the textured card stock again using one of my favourite combinations of Pans, Magenta and Hansa Yellow Shade, I adore these colours together! The colour blend in the centre is gorgeous.
The flourish is stamped in a row so that the lanterns can "hang" from it and the Best Wishes added above with the contrasting gems.
A piece of raffia contrasts along the bottom and the real WOW factor is when the Glossy Accents are added over the lanterns to really make them "pop" out.
Again matting and layering onto co ordinating card stock and then onto the card.
That's all for now folks, thanks so much for looking at my designs,
Take care & keep warm! xKx

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep love these But still not convinced I need Pan pastels you will have to make it your mission to try and convert me! However I do like the effect of both these cards.....xxxxx but then I'm a fan of your work anyway! Tummy rubs to Lupin xxx

Mindful craft said...

Oh wow Bernie now there's a challenge for me!
I WILL make it my mission!!
Thanks so much for your lovely comments and support, it means a lot! :-)
Lupin is very cosy in her bed, nice and warm and will appreciate the tummy rubs ;-) xxx

Dee said...

Lovely cards karen, watched barbara on sunday, brilliant as always makes everything look so easy. I am a fan of pan pastels because they blend so easily. Dee x

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Dee, I am really liking the Pans :-) xx

Jo Rice said...

Hi Karen, love both of theses cards. I am a big fan of Pans and would love to go to an Eileen workshop. I get the Idea that you love them too. Your work is always brilliant. X

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Jo for the lovely feedback and support, it means a lot! :-) The Pans have changed the way I craft and I picked up some great tips and ideas from Eileens class xx

Eileen said...

I love these cards ... and the Pans too!!
xx

Mindful craft said...

Many thanks Eileen! :-) xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

These are both stunning,I love the colour blending, and am also a huge fan of PanPastels they are just so nice to use aren't they
Lindsay xx

Mindful craft said...

Hi Lindsay,
Thank you for the lovely feedback :-)
I have certainly got more adventerous using bolder/brighter colours since discovering PanPastels xx