Tuesday 4 December 2012

Winter Scene Clock

Hi everyone,
How are your Christmas preparations coming along?...
The time is whizzing by now and I haven't had many moments to spare since my last posting, I was at two market events at the weekend.
Saturday was extremely busy with visitors buying their Christmas gifts and Sunday was a wonderful atmosphere all be it exceptionally cold, the wonderful log fires and spiced apple drink given to the stall holders were a real treat though.
Anyhow I have something to share with you that I have made and am entering into the Pan Pastel UK Challenge Blog "Gift Tim

I have used a Printer Tray Style Clock from Tando Creative and the approx size is 205mm diam.
Firstly I painted all the chipboard parts with Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Aqua, I usually do a couple of coats, it dries very quick.
I then cut card shapes roughly for each of the sections, planning out the finished design before hand and how I wanted the overall appearance.
The Clarity Snowscape Scene worked perfectly across the top 3 sections, and I think I will use this technique on other makes!
Each section was coloured using Pan Pastels, a mix of Ultramarine Blue Tint, Violet and Phthalo Blue, creating the "snowy hills" as I went along.
I used a Versamark Ink pad to stamp the main images, Deer, Stag, Trees and Snowflakes, all of which are from the Clarity Stamps "Winter Wonderland Lesson 14 Kit"
I then added the colour Phthalo Blue to all the images also using the Violet and Ultramarine Blue Tint or the centre Snowflakes.
Once I was happy with the positioning of everything I glued all the pieces in place.
When dry I then added the background "snow" on the images with a Pilot White marker or Posca pen and the "glittery ice and snow" is my favourite Glossy Accents and Glamour Dust.
The clock numbers were created from the Clarity Stamps Numbers Set, again colouring the oval shapes with the pans and this time using versamark and Personal Impressions Pearl Violet embossing Powder to stamp the outer oval shape and the numbers.
These were then attached with self adhesive pads.
I really enjoyed creating this "Winter Scene" and hope you like it too.
Thanks so much for popping by, sending festive warmth and hugs xKx

12 comments:

Linda Page said...

This is gorgeous I loved it on the telly but being able to see it close up is much better.I love all your clocks Karen all your things are beautiful. ...Found this via fb.

I would love to have a go at making a clock but wouldn't have a clue about the click bit.

Anonymous said...

Saw this and loved it xxxxx like all the different elements and it all works so well together.
xxxxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you so much Lindylou! :-) The clocks are easy the hardest part is composition. I am hoping to look into doing a little workshop or online activity with regard to making the clocks so watch this space ;-) xx

Mindful craft said...

Thanks so much Bernie! :-) The stamps were ideal for this project xxx

Hellen Pearce said...

Hi Karen - super clock! The images work really well on this - good luck in the competition!x

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Hellen! :-) xx

Eileen said...

Fabulous work Karen ... so pretty as well!

Mindful craft said...

Many thanks Eileen! :-) xx

Claire said...

Wow what a gorgeous project, some really clever stamping and the colours are stunning. Thanks so much for joining us at PanPastel UK
Claire xx

Mindful craft said...

It's a pleasure Claire, thank you for the lovely feedback! :-) xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Wow! What stunning piece of artwork this is and I am sure it will be a treasured gift. I love the colours and the scene that you have built up, really beautiful design. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you for the lovely feedback Lindsay! :-)