Thursday 13 December 2012

Star of Wonder

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all well and keeping warm and cosy in this really cold spell we are having.
My warming potions during this cold weather are Latte's and Hot Chocolate.
Today's post is to enter the Pan Pastels Challenge No 48, the theme being a Song or Carol Title.
I made this card a while back for a challenge that Clarity Stamps had running and as it was so appropriate I thought I would share it again here.
It was kept quite simple and the colour theme was gold, black and white.
Stamps used -  All Clarity - Yule Goat, Star of Wonder Carol and Straw Star.
The Yule Goat stamp is rather cute and unusual, I was so pleased the way it was enhanced when I embossed using  the Shabby White Stampendous Fran-tage embossing enamel. It gave it such a realistic texture and was just an idea I had to see how it would turn out.
The Star of Wonder Carol was stamped and embossed in gold and I used one of the Straw Stars in the centre.
The stamped images were mounted as tags then matted and layered on to the card.
Hope you like this Festive image and thank you for popping by.
Keep warm and cosy xKx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is Beautiful Karen. Love the Embossing. xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Bernie :-) xx

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful card where the simplicity is the elegance and is added to with the gorgeous colour palette. Thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK this week Karen.
hugs {brenda} xox

Mindful craft said...

It's a pleasure Brenda and thank you for the lovely feedback :-) XX