Tuesday 11 June 2013

Love at First Flight!...

I still have one more make from my June samples to share with you but, I thought I'd sneak this post in.
Whilst on the recent Clarity Crafters Retreat I met up with some old friends from last year and made some lovely new ones too.
One of which I'd been very keen to meet since she became a "cyber buddie" it was great to put a face to the name and get to know the real person.
I was really flattered that this lady took a huge shine to one if my demo design clocks I'd recently made. It was something quite new and different for me to my usual designs.
I pushed myself with it and wanted to try a few new techniques so it was not really made to sell.
However a certain lady couldn't stop stroking it, I guess it was quite "touchy feely" and she was clearly smitten.
I agreed to trade the piece and it now has pride of place in it's new home so I want to "Thank You" Sam Crowe, you've inspired me to do more work like this.
Please check out Sam's blog here as she herself does some very inspiring and amazing work too...xKx
Sam's Blog


4 comments:

Bernie Simmons said...

Have been lucky enough to see this, and it's even better in real life Karen. Love all your clocks it's so hard to pick a fave....Oh No it's not it's the one you gave me !!! XXX

Janet Pring said...

I've seen it in real life too and it is really a beautiful piece!

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

I was so pleased that you let me have it Karen. As I told you the last Hand Made clock I had lasted me 25 years and I never tired of it, and I know it will be the same with my new Clock. I love it so much I did't realise I hadn't put a battery in it??? Sam xx

Redanne said...

Saw this over at Sam's blog Karen and just had to come over and say how beautiful it is. Your clocks are beautiful! Anne x