Monday 1 July 2013

Oh I do Like to be Beside the Seaside...

Beginning of a new week, the month of July and a brand new Clarity Stamp Challenge over on the blog...
Let's hope that Summer has finally arrived too and stays around for us to enjoy.
I have wanted to decorate a beach hut for some time now and this one turned into a real labour of love!
The idea of a retro style hut appealed and as usual with this type of thing I wanted to try and recreate a story.
I decided to continue the image on the front, all around the hut and then I decorated the inside, creating a nice feminine changing area and a cosy space to relax and have afternoon tea.
Although this took a while to achieve I was pleased with the end result and think it was well worth the effort.
I hope you like this project and that it helps to inspire with this months challenge theme.
I will upload some more detailed pictures shortly...xKx
Entering into the following challenges:-



18 comments:

Bernie Simmons said...

Amazing Karen I am in awe it is so arty and fun.I must have a go. xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you so much Bernie! You can do it! I can't wait to see what you come up with...xxx

Jo Rice said...

Oh Karen, this is absolutely Amazing. And how clever....so much work has gone it to this , it really is truly inspirational...can you tell that I Love it........hugs Jo. X

Hellen Pearce said...

This is so fab Karen! Love the way you've done the inside as well, a real labour of love but so worth it! x

Naomi said...

Love it Karen, so much effort and its beautiful. Stunning.

rae d said...

Gorgeous Karen just gorgoeus!! The work in this is beautiful xx

Unknown said...

Karen, this is truly amazing, you are so talented! Can I please ask, where did you get the MDF blank hut from? I would like to have a go at my own hut! many thanks, Gemma

Lynne said...

It looks fab Karen. It must have taken ages to make but I can see why it became a labour of love. I look forward to seeing the individual photos as I'd love a closer look. x

Yvonne said...

Such an amazing work of art!
Love everything about it - you're so clever Karen xxx

Sazzle said...

Oh WOW this is AMAZING!!!!! This must have taken you absolutely hours! It is just breathtaking and would love to see more detailed pictures to have a closer look inside :-)

A great promotional piece to advertise your MDF kits.


xx Sazzle xx

Janet Pring said...

Brilliant work Karen! You must have so much patience to do all this. Lovely x

Anonymous said...

Very cute Karen, love it. x

Dawn said...

This is spectacular! Fantastic details - I love it! So glad you shared it with us at Creatalicious.

Hugs, Dawn

Jane said...

Just amazing! You really have pulled out all the stops on this one! Brilliant! xx

{ Scrappiness } said...

Hi Karen, congratulations!! You just won Creatalicious challenge with your amazing project!! Please, send me an e-mail through the blog contact form so I can tell you how to claim your prize!
Kisses,
Vanessa

Chrissy said...

This is fantastic Karen, I love it.All the details and colouring are wonderful.I saw you won over at Creatalicious...congratulations..that is how I found you and became your new folower..

luv CHRISSYxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you so much! What a lovely surprise :-) xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you very much Chrissy! :-) and for following too...xxx