Wednesday 10 July 2013

Christmas Tags

Another couple of tags from last weekend's TV samples.
I hadn't realised the pictures were so blurred until I'd posted my samples off!
Oh well oh ummm such is life eh but you'll get the gist of what I've done I'm sure.
Note to self - check photo's before posting off samples next time!
I've used scrapbook paper to cover the tags, a selection of goodies from my stash including, stamens, lace, ribbon, beading strands, some scrim which I've coloured with a distress ink pad and some beadazzles.
I embossed the pear tree with emerald green and added white stickle dots, the holly tree was just stamped and coloured with pro markers, I love the banners!
I cut out and layered my stamped and die cuts images with 3d foam pads.
The birds are cut from a die using my GC and I used florist tape to bind the stamens together, learnt this when I did a bit of floristry at eve class years ago...
I really enjoyed making these and putting to good use the scrapbook papers, combining the complementing patterns and colours.
Hope you like these, they could be used for a special gift or for tree decorations, I'll be back to blog my cards later, thanks for stopping by...xKx



3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Fabulous tags Karen.
Tags are my current obsession!!
I think that the new banner stamp will be useful in loads of projects. it's on the Wish List.
Looking forward to seeing your other samples too.
Lots of love xxx

Jo Rice said...

Gorgeous tags Karen, and so inspirational. I don't usually make tags but I feel a crafty play coming on....enjoy the rest of your day....Jo. X

Janet Pring said...

Lovely samples, Karen. I like the look of the banners, but I didn't get them, so might have to buy them, they look very useful!