Sunday 24 November 2013

A bit of colour on a grey morning...

I can't believe another week has gone since I last blogged!
I've been busy with DT work and packing clock kits and Christmas is approaching way too fast now!
I have a Christmas fair next weekend and the following weekend I'm with the lovely Georgina and Jennie at the Artistic Stamper in Faversham for their Christmas Party.
Anyway I've been using a lot of alcohol inks lately and I saw this idea that kept the colours separate and thought how great it was.
I managed to gets each colour applied in its own space with some botching and swirling effects going on in each area.
In the top area I masked off a circle for the sun while I added colour around it.
I then remove the mask and carefully added the yellow for the sun and then blended the outer area until I achieved the desired effect.
I was pretty pleased with this result.
I used glossy card and then the stamping was done carefully in black Archival.
 The butterflies are punched from glossy black card and hey presto lots of vibrant colour going on.
Hope you like it and this little masking technique.
Have a lovely Sunday whatever you're up to xKx

No comments: