Monday 11 November 2013

Laminated clock workshop and more!...

Hi De Hi Blogworld,
I'm having a bit of a restful day today after a busy weekend.
A lovely craft market on Saturday selling my wares, met up with some regular and new customers which was lovely.
The weather was pretty horrendous with all the rain but thankfully dry for unloading and packing away, always the worse part.
I was then home to turn myself around for yesterday's workshop and catch up on the usual Saturday evening TV, I'd heard about the John Lewis Christmas TV advert on the car radio and was pleased to catch this premier too.
So onto the workshop with the most lovely group of crafting ladies, Eileen and her bessie Karen, Marianne, Rosemary, Kim, Liz, Kim, Maureen and Christine.
It was fab to meet old friends and some lovely new faces from the world of Facebook and put faces to names, what lovely ladies they all are too!
It was a tall order yesterday as we had a shorter time to work in but never the less we made a CD clock using the kit I put together, this was the main project for the day.
These kits were also available to buy on the day at a special discounted price.
The technique uses alcohol inks and laminating and once the method and technique clicks in boy oh boy do we have some fun!
Then we moved on to simple Tags, as samples I'd made some male themed designs using Hero Arts stamps sets, Brush Strokes and My Notebook, which have some fab stamps for Art Journaling designs including brush stokes and splats!
Along with a combination of stamps from Tim Holtz, Travel Ways, Warehouse District, Umberella Man, and Audrey Hepburn from Deep Red.
Then we made a start on a Poppy card using Hero Arts Poppy background which is a negative impression clear stamp and the Friend Definition word background.
I'll leave you with a few pictures from the day below, my next class will be in January where we'll be doing Altered Art with an Ikea Malma mirror, if you're interested in attending please email me - craftyk@hotmail.co.uk as spaces are limited but if enough interest I'll hold two separate classes.
Any questions about products or techniques please feel free to contact me.
Have a good day xKx








No comments: