Thursday 5 October 2017

Autumn scene Docrafts Xcut die cutting technique

Based on some stamping card samples below from an Autumn class held last year.
Today I am sharing a similar idea using die cutting techniques using Xcut dies from Docrafts.







I used the nesting leaves die set and cut into a piece of paper from the Wood Elements range, this is such a useful and versatile paper range and I have used it so much.



Behind the leaf cut outs I mounted paper from the Pigment Elements range, again another really useful selection of beautiful coloured papers.






Next I die cut elements from the Woodland Tag die set.



Something I do quite a lot which seems to be popular is to shadow some of the die cut elements with colours layered behind to make the image stand out more and give a 3D effect.
I have done this here with the Fox, Stag and Squirrel, layering a darker colour behind.



I chose some Autumnal card colours to mat and layer onto a Kraft card blank 



Finally I assembled the different elements, using foam pads for some of them to add different layers.
I also added various coloured leaves using the mini leaf die.







If you have any question on techniques or products used please don't hesitate to ask...

No comments: