Saturday 13 October 2012

Autumn ATC (No3)

I was rapidly running out of time for this one!
Luckily I had a preview of some of the new stamps for this weekend's TV shows on C&C to prepare some samples from. So I decided to go with these and good old faithful "Puck" such a lovely and versatile stamp!




I wanted to create "Autumn Tints" and the feel of the falling leaves all crisp and crunching.
I wanted to use orange tints with a rich plummy colour so I chose distress inks Aged Mahogony and Spiced Marmalade to blend on the base using the oh so clever and amazing Splodgemat!
The leaf border at the bottom will be new on the show tomorrow, you can't see it all here but it's fab! I stamped this in Walnut Stain distress ink. Puck was simply stamped in Aged Mahogony, coloured with pro-markers and decoupaged. For the leaves I lightly blended Spiced Marmalade again onto paper and stamped the leaves in Aged Mahogony before cutting out and screwing up to give great texture. I attached them with foam pads. My favourite product of the moment is Beadazzles, pots of tiny metalic glass beads and glitz which I stuck on randomly on the base using glossy accents to add detail and texture!
Hope you like this, next one will be in Nov, the theme of happiness, Ummmm
Thanks for looking 
Karen xXx

6 comments:

Hellen Pearce said...

Hi Karen, lovely colours - so autumnal and the leaves look so real! x Hellen

Sazzle said...

Love the leaves Karen and not seen the beadazzles before. I feel another purchase coming on!

xx Sazzle xx

Eileen said...

Absolutely beautiful work ... love this very much ... and your blog!!! Woohoo x
Eileen xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Hellen :-) xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Sazzle, It's the first time i've used them, I'll want to put them on everything now! Lol xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you very much Eileen, it took me ages to get my head around the blog but I got it in the end! Lol xx