Sunday 14 October 2012

Christmas Bauble samples using Clarity, Twas the Night & Splodge mat


Three bauble designs using the Twas The Night Clarity Stamps 8, 9 and 10 (Toys, Rooftop and Fireplace)
I stamped and embossed each design on to card circles, the images were coloured using pro-markers. I added some white stickles to the blue version on the chimney top for snow and glitter on the moon. Then using the Splodge mat and Distress inks I blended ink in from the edge of each circle. The rosettes were made by edging the length of a sheet of A4 white paper with a border die put through the Grand Calibur. I then cut the width to 6cm. These were then coloured blended again using the splodge mat and distress inks and stamped randomly with Clarity Christmas miniature stamps to create a background. Each strip was then folded length ways at 1cm intervals and two 6cm lengths were joined together with glue to form each rosette. Bakers twine was threaded through the top of each to finish off.
More samples from today's show soon, thanks for reading
Karen xXx                                                 
                                                      


10 comments:

Lynne said...

I love this idea, Karen. They look fab. If I get the time I'm going to make some for my tree. x

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Lynne, they are quite simple and can be made elaborate as you want. I usually have something new each year for the tree, keepsake things from when my daughter was small to present day, family heirlooms! xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

These are lovely Karen great colours

jacqui x

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Jacqui :-) xx

Susan said...

Jacqui these are beautiful x

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Susan x

Eileen said...

Fabby stuff here!!!.... BRILLIANT idea ... so pretty and very attractive ! XXx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you very much Eileen! :-) xx

Bernie Simmons said...

Stunning I love them xx

Mindful craft said...

Many thanks Bernie, my hubby suggested doing baubles with these as something different, he's a right old slave driver! Lol xxx