Tuesday 7 May 2013

Foxgloves on Gelli Plate background

A bit of a late posting from me but I thought I'd make a start on sharing my samples from the Clarity TV shows at the weekend.
I used a Gelli Plate background that I'd already created while experimenting for my other sample cards.
So the background was already done!
To this I stamped in versamark the foxgloves and embossed with white embossing powder.
I then blended distress inks, picked raspberry and a little seedless preserves, over the embossing and some of the background.
A lace and ribbon bow, hat pins and ribbon trim finished the design before matting and layering on to card that I coloured the edges of in the same two colour ways.
It was a good way of including the shocking pink ribbon I have had in my stash for ages, bought cheaply and never thought I'd use!
Thanks so much for popping by and I'll bid you goodnight now for tonight xK

6 comments:

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

OK you might get this twice?? I think this is Lush the background is lovely, great colouring and the Lupin looks great in white. Sam

Naomi said...

Wonderful background as Sam said rich and lush and the contrast of the white, super.

Mindful craft said...

Thanks Sam, the ribbon is a real in your face colour but I thought "what the heck!" Lol xx

Mindful craft said...

Thanks Naomi, it was quite a quick make as the background already done and the white embossing takes no time! xx

Jo Rice said...

Brilliant card Karen and I love the way you have used embossing over the top of your background....I may just borrow that idea....Thanks....and I love the In the Pink look.....hugs. Jo. X

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Jo, I look forward to seeing your creation :-) Happy Crafting! xXx