Sunday 5 May 2013

Heart shaped clock face


"Singing in the Rain"

These MDF clock faces are lovely to work with, they are great quality and can be painted and altered as desired.
For this first example I chose the heart shape and used the new Clarity Stamps from the Clarity Characters Set, the little texture stamps from the Making a Point Lesson 15 Stamp Set and stamps from The Letterbox Set, Lesson 12, for the title.
I cut the inner heart shape from white card stock and stamped and clear embossed all the black images after deciding on their positioning.
The light of the street lamp was masked off before adding background colour,
Next came the background using a selection of blue distress ink pads.
I added clouds and created an illusion of the background buildings using sections of the Paris mask background.
The rain and rain drops were added using the little texture stamps.
I drew the pavement with pencil and glossy accents were used to create the puddles.
After removing the stencil from the lamp I added some yellow colour for the glow.
Clear dew drops complete the clock "number" digits.
I painted the MDF clock face on both sides and slightly distressed the front edges with blue distress ink before gluing my finished card heart in place on top.

I hope this project has inspired you, thanks so much for visiting my blog today xK 







No comments: