Wednesday 1 May 2013

It's all in the sentiment!...

Good morning crafter's,
Can't believe it's Clarity Stamps blog challenge 3 already!
The first two challenges have had some amazing entries, such varied and inspiring designs so thank you all for taking the time to take part.
We have had a hard task choosing the Top 5 from such a high standard once again.
Many congratulations to the winning entrant and the chosen Top 5, you all did a great job!
My design for the new challenge as titled above, was made for a 60th wedding anniversary.
I die cut the frame from pearlised card and the inner shape from stamping card, to which I stamped and masked off the swans.
The background colours used are Adirondack in Stream and Distress ink in Dried Marigold.
I stamped some bulrushes on the back ground also some which I cut out and layered.
The sentiment is stamped on another die cut shape and once everything was put together on my base card I finished off with some gems.
It's a busy weekend looming with Clarity on the TV, in the Classroom with Barbara on Sat and then the Sunday shows.
My DT samples are all done and dusted for another month and I look forward to sharing them with you at the weekend and blogging them all over the following days.
There are some lovely stamps for the month of May but then there always are each month!
I had great fun with Gelli Plate for several of my samples, trying not to get stressed out with my perfectionist side and instead tried to go with the arty flow that came using the Gelli Plate.
Have you got yours yet and had chance to have a play?
Anyway I'll leave you now with this challenge sample and hope you can tune in at the weekend.
Hope the rest of the week is good for you xKx




22 comments:

Linda Page said...

This is just beautiful Karen they look like a happily married couple xx

Naomi said...

I adore this, it look to expensive, love the dimension and the delicate nature of this. One for framing and putting on the wall.

Lynne said...

Such a romantic card and I love those colours together. x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card for a 60th wedding anniversary, the swan stamp and the sentiment work so well and your choice of colours is spot on as always xxx Annie

Yvonne said...

This is a beautiful project Karen.
I love the two colours you've used, the work so well together.
Just lovely x

Jane said...

I love this card...It is so peaceful and serene! The colours are so befitting and the swans look perfectly at home on the pond! Lovely sentiment too! xx

Unknown said...

Love this card wish my mum could be here to have celebrated her sixthyth but best wishes to the lucky couple good worl barbara.mary

Bernie Simmons said...

Very Beautiful Card Karen....Love the swans so romantic and the verse well Perfick!

Unknown said...

Sorry about name slip

Janet Pring said...

Lovely scene Karen x

Mindful craft said...

Thank you for your lovely comment Mary xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Janet xx

Sazzle said...

Fab work Karen, love the swans and the scene you've created is so romantic and serene :-)


xx Sazzle xx

Mindful craft said...

Thanks so much Sazzle :-) xx

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful card Karen.
Chris x

Hellen Pearce said...

Such an elegant card with beautiful colours x

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Linda xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Naomi xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Lynne, I really like these colours and wanted them to Beas subtle as possible xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Annie xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Chris x

Mindful craft said...

Thanks so much Hellen, I was pleased how the colours turned out xx