Tuesday 16 April 2013

Lesson 16 Windmill and Reeds Kit

Good afternoon,
As promised the last of my samples from my March selection of DT samples.
This is using the next lesson kit which Barbara will be showing on TV on the 4th May so I hope you can join in the lesson.
I wanted to do something rustic with these stamps and thoughts of corn dollies and harvest came to mind and also the Yule Goat seemed to fit quite well with this set.
I used one of the mini stamps to pattern build my version of a corn dolly pattern.
Natural and Kraft card added to the feel of this rustic design along with the raffia, ribbons and bakers twine to add further interest.
I plaited a piece of raffia and used a selection of dies to compliment the design.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Barbara and the rest of the DT do with these stamps and don't forget you will be able to contribute and send in your homework after class!
Hope you like this and now I'm off to make some samples for the Clarity German TV shows in May, make some clocks and hopefully have a play with my new toy, my Melt Pot.
Thanks for reading xKx




8 comments:

Yvonne said...

This is fabulous Karen. So many different elements but all go together beautifully. xx

Emily Follett said...

lovely- a very different use for the kit. I guess you could call it 'thinking outside the box'. xx

Bernie Simmons said...

Beautiful card. xxx I like the Browns cream's and red with this. Lovely rich colours

Jo Rice said...

Gorgeous work Karen and it looks A bit Scandanavian to me....love the colours and the new kit....will be watching Barbara....hope you enjoy your Melt pot and I look forward to seeing what you make...hugs. X

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Yvonne, I had an idea in my head for this didn't quite know where it was going but enjoyed doing it! Lol xx

Mindful craft said...

I thank you Emily, love the little elements of this kit xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Bernie, lots of elements that came together in the end xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Jo, nearly lesson time again! I had great fun doing this card xx