Sunday 7 April 2013

"Message in a Bottle"

Another "inspiration" for me from these gorgeous stamp sets was the theme of one if my favourite films
 "Message in a Bottle"
I wanted my finished design to have a romantic feel.
Again I used a mix of the two sets "Walk Along the Sea" and "Shell to Your Ear"
I stamped the shell border along the base of my card and masked off while I created the Sunset, Sea and Sand background.
I coloured the shells with colour pencils.
The Scroll was printed on parchment paper cut around and then aged with tea dye distress ink.
Acetate was used for the bottle and inside the addition of shrink plastic shells, sand and pearls and a label tied to the finish the bottle.
Glamour dust, pearls and sand complete the seashore and once layered up extra pearls were used on the twisted organza ribbon.
Barbara's classroom was great yesterday and this mornings shows so inspirational too!
Hope you can tune in again for this afternoon...
More makes to follow from me later....xKx

4 comments:

Doreen Sympson said...

Love this Karen such a lovely idea x

Bernie Simmons said...

An inspiring make ...xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thanks so much Doreen xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you matey ;-) xx