Tuesday 9 April 2013

Something out of my comfort zone

I made this for a friend and neighbour of mine who is also into craft and card making.
I usually try and do something a bit different for her birthday and having been so inspired recently by Hels Sheridan's wonderful creations I decided to experiment a bit myself.
The shaped card is made using the Hougie Board, I wasn't too sure about the shape at first but it all seemed to work quite well in the end.
I used Clarity card to make the distressed backgrounds, spritz with water and laid onto a mix of scattered straw, seedless preserves and forest moss distress stains.
Then used a chicken wire/trellis mask to add interest in some areas, blending scattered straw distress ink from ink pad.
The birds, leaves, flowers and flourishes were from Heartfelt Creations and Spellbinders dies, blended with the same colourways as the background.
I cut the various pieces from my distress background cards to form the sections to layer on top of shaped card.
Then I decided what die cuts to use and chose the colouring for them from my themed colours.
I added the greeting on the reverse side of the centre diamond shape and made a box to present the finished card.
Thanks for visiting xKx












2 comments:

Clare said...

This is absolutely stunning. X x x

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Clare, I enjoyed creating the background and experimenting with this card :-) xx