Monday 3 February 2014

Altered Art Mirrors Take Two...

Good morning blogworld,

This Monday morning I'm sharing the alternative style we did at the mirror workshop last weekend.
My sample design was completely inspired by the most lovely and extremely talented Emma Williams.
I'm a big fan of Emma's work and find her projects so inspiring.
Anyway Emma loved the interpretation I did as a sample for the ladies at my recent workshop and as promised I'm sharing now.
For this technique we covered the frames in a collage style again, having prepared the mirrors as in the Tarmac Technique post.
A4 white card was sprayed with Dylusions then paint applied through masks.
The card was cut into various size pieces and the edges blended with DI before gluing collage fashion onto the mirror frame.
For the two opposite corners of the frame I embossed silver card and coloured with alcohol inks.
The cogs from Candy Box Crafts where coloured with DI.
I stamped the butterfly and flower images from The Artistic Stamper and again coloured with DI's, then cut them out and layered them up. I used the large flower to over stamp the plain small butterfly to give it the cogs.
The two quotes are Tim Holtz and are stamped on Kraft card.
Contrasting paint finishes the mirror frame edges.
Below is my sample and the finished projects the lovely ladies completed at the workshop.
Thanks for looking today, have a good day...xKx



No comments: