Friday 7 February 2014

Designs by Ryn Stamps, MDF Clock and The Meltpot = Shabby Vintage Clock

Today I have a brand new clock to share with you.
The lovely Ryn sent me some stamps to work with after she'd seen the laminated clocks I made up using her stamps last year.
These deeply etched stamps are superb quality and so lovely to work with, check them out here
Designs by Ryn Shop  and  Designs by Ryn Blog
I knew I wanted to design a new MDF clock and I thought the scallop square would be perfect.
Firstly the base was painted with cream paint and a square of card cut for my centre background design.
I made a mask for the Flower Lace 2 stamp and stamped this in victorian velvet to completely cover the background square.
I then used a selection of masks/stencils on this same piece and randomly sponged areas and shapes in walnut stain, worn lipstick and victorian velvet DI's.
Sponge gold embossing paste sponged through areas of the masks.
The beautiful Candra butterfly is stamped in walnut stain DI and embossed with clear embossing powder.
After blending the edges of the square card with walnut stain I then layered onto the contrasting coloured card layers.
The a Spiral Branch set was used to stamp on to the painted base, I stamped in walnut stain and clear embossed.
The outside elements were all coated in beeswax using the Meltpot.
I stamped Flower a Lace 2 and Candra and cut them out and the other elements are from the Tim Holtz Eiffel Tower and French Script texture fades embossing folder, I love this!
I've also used the Spellbinders Poinsettia a piece of scrim, seam binding and hat pins.
I stuck to the same colour DI's throughout, walnut stain, victorian velvet, worn lipstick and tattered rose.
I thoroughly enjoyed making this clock and working with Ryn's stamps and it was good to give my
Meltpot an airing again too!
Thank you Ryn and
Thanks also for looking at my blog today, I hope I've given you some inspiration...xKx






No comments: