Saturday 1 February 2014

Exciting news over on the Lavinia Stamps Challenge Blog!

Morning Bloggers,
By far the highlight of this weekend for me is the launch of the new challenge over at the Lavinia Stamps Blog, with the theme of Lilac or Blue or Both!
Many congratulations to last months winner, a stunning entry and a lovely prize of a £40 voucher to spend, enjoy!
We get a wonderful response to the challenge with a growing number of entries each month and you don't need to have a blog, you can enter by email too.
This month there's a Spot Prize available too!
 How fab is that?...
Anyone can enter ... all you need to do is Leave a comment under the Feb Challenge post and at the end of the month your name will go into a draw and the winner will get a £20 voucher to spend on Lavinia Stamps web shop, simples and nothing to loose!
You will see wonderful inspiration from the rest of Design Team over on the blog and this is what I have to share with you today.
For my first make I used an MDF birdcage from Candy Box Crafts.
I sponged the cage with lilac paint and blended a little DI in places.
The Lavinia images were stamped and embossed and colour blended with DI's, the card stock was torn around the shapes blending ink onto the torn edges and I shaped the pieces with a tool to give more interest and curve the edges.
I decoupaged the fairy and the butterfly.
The words were stamped with DI.
Roses from Sweet Lilac Flowers which were a perfect colour match and used DI to colour the seam binding.
Feather, gems and a touch of Stickles completed my project.
My second make is an altered matchbox which I had the idea of making into a Fairy Wishing Box.


I covered and lined the box with white card and painted it blue inside and out.
The Fairy Wish stamp was just perfect to use to stamp on card for the front of the box so I made a moon mask and blended blue DI on this piece before stamping the main image.
I then added the butterflies, toadstools, leaves and flowers to create a little scene.
This was then stuck to the front of the box and some fairy sparkle added with a touch of Stickles.
The sides of the box are trimmed with lace (Sweet Lilac) and a large brad attached to the drawer opening.
It's lined with tissue and I've added a little printed piece I created about Fairy Dust, a Wishing Scroll and a Magical Bottle of Fairy Dust with a little Pewter Toadstool Charm attached.
I believe do you?...
Hope you like my makes and feel inspired to join us over at the challenge.
Have a lovely weekend, crafty hugs xKx

No comments: