Thursday 17 April 2014

Visible Image - Beauty is Art Stamp Set with Crackled Background Stamp

My Thursday blog for Visible Image
I collected this fabulous set at Ally Pally on Saturday and couldn't wait to use them!
It's one of those sets that inspires so much for simple stylish cards, pattern building and more intricate designs.
I had in my mind for this quick play a Roman/Greek arty ruin and the crackled background that I already had fitted perfectly into the design.
I started by stamping the border stamp in sepia archival to create a frame, I then stamped the goddess in vintage sepia versafine and blended some distress ink in tattered rose up to the outline of the goddess image to give a bit of shadow and shading.
Then I used pumice stone distress ink blended more around the border.
The crackled background was stamped in tea dye distress ink and the small squares stamped in the same way as the border.
The wording was stamped in the sepia archival and the edge of the background blended again with pumice stone.
I mounted the main image and corner squares with foam pads.
Can't wait to play more with this set.
Thanks for looking today xxx
Beauty is Art and Crackled Background



No comments: