Thursday 3 April 2014

Visible Image Stamps meet Viva Decor 3D Stamp Paint

It's Thurs so that means it's my turn for the weekly Visible Image blog post.
I've used the Large Butterfly, Butterfly Sentiment and Large Tall Grasses stamps.
I also wanted to experiment with a product that's new to me and new on my Website here -
Viva Decor 3D Stamp Paint
I've had a bit of a break from making my "Signature" CD clocks while I've been turning my attention to other altered art projects but I do love creating these clocks and I have still made just a couple recently with my other stamps.
Butterflies are always a popular choice and it wasn't my intention to make two clocks, I was going to make a clock and matching card but, I got carried away experimenting with the stamp paint rather than designing a card!
I need to explain a bit about how to use the paint and it's composition.
It's a high luminance waterproof and smear free paint especially devloped for stamping and inking techniques, I hope the shimmer and texture shows through in my photo's.
It can be applied with a brush and water as a paint, with pouncer sponges or daubers and you can also stamp with it.
I'm not quite sure why it's called 3D although it does dry almost instantly keeping any raised texture from sponge application and it's matt chalky like finish makes it very touchy feely.
The shimmer and shine is incredible and hard to completely capture in a picture.
You can heat dry it if necessary but it does dry almost instantly anyway.

Starting with the gold and pink clock I very lightly pounced gold on one half and pink (Rose) on the other, then I stamped directly onto this surface, reverse side of Centura Pearl card, with the tall grasses in the same colours.
I was quite impressed with the way the paint stamped, I then blended some colour around the edges using a sponge.
The Butterfly sentiment is stamped in the black 3D paint which is matt not shimmery and I was
unsure how the sentiment would stamp with the paint but, again I was equally impressed.
Next I used a brush and water with the gold paint for the piece of card which I then over stamped the butterfly in Rose.
I cut the butterfly out, and mounted on foam pads, the card candi was sponged with the black paint to match the black of the sentiment.
This first clock base was then ready to assemble.
For the next sample I wanted to cover the whole background with paint so I started by sponging the Rose pink all over the piece without pouncing so it was smooth in appearance.
I then went in with my sponges very lightly pouncing the other colours, Walnut brown, Light blue and gold.
Again by pouncing it leaves a texture on the surface.
The card for the sentiment and butterfly I sponged in the blue colour, the same way as I did with the pink. I then lightly pounced with Rose pink.
I stamped the butterfly and sentiment this time with black archival, after cutting out again they are mounted with foam pads.
The black digits are denoted by using Ranger enamel accents.
I'm keen to explore the Viva Decor 3D Paint further as it can be used in so many ways and on many different surfaces.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today xKx




No comments: