Saturday 17 October 2015

The Best of Friends!

Welcome to the weekend,
I'm so pleased it's here, yay! No alarm this morning and a scheduled blog post so I can relax after a hectic week.
Today I'm sharing a special gift and card I made for my best friend of over 30 years who celebrated her 60th Birthday last Sunday.
We met as next door neighbours around 35 years ago and have been friends ever since.
Our children grew up together and we've all been on some super holidays.
Shared lots of laughter and some tears along the way, we're like peas in a pod with our likes and dislikes and still enjoy our lunch dates as much as ever.
The distance between us now Kent to Hamphire doesn't keep us apart and we've faced life's up's and down's the best of mates together.
So I knew I wanted to make an extra special keepsake and after much deliberation this is what I came up with.
A Candy Box Crafts Notelet Box which of course can be any kind of keepsake or trinket box and a matching theme card.
I also used another of my favourite products, Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paints.
An idea based around the photo and on all things we love, vintage and feminine.
The photo was taken when we were on a weekend away together celebrating my 50th.
I had the little brass teacup and saucer, kettle and teapot charms in my stash and the oversized bottle top made the perfect tea tray for the card.
Happy days and Very Happy Friends!
Thank you for joining my reminiscing today,
Love and crafty hugs xKx















No comments: