Saturday 1 March 2014

New challenge - Lavinia Stamps "Add something Pink"

We're all in the PINK over at Lavinia Stamps this month with the start of the new challenge.
The lucky winner will receive a £40 voucher to spend at the online shop, so why not be in with a chance and join us!
The DT have provided some fabulous inspirational samples so why not give it a go!
I chose 3 combinations of very different pinks for my designs the first using a paper mache mannequin that I've had in my stash for a while now and I've been itching to have a go at this as I haven't done one before.
After preparing by painting with gesso I the painted with a very pale pink paint from a tester pot of emulsion paint.
Next I stamped the Nigela Damascena using plum archival onto tissue paper, each flower cut out and glued in place with a decoupage/collage medium.
The project uses only this one stamp set, the stamps are all very versatile as I hope this demonstrates.
I then decorated and embellished the mannequin with plum and ivory ribbons, bows and ric-rac.
Ivory netting is drapped over the shoulders and then I completed the project with hat pins feathers and pink flowers.
I did enjoy doing this once I got started and was pleased with the result, hope you like it too.
I'll leave you with the images of my projects and I'll blog the other two in more detail in due course.
Have a great weekend, crafty hugs xKx






No comments: