Wednesday 12 March 2014

Spiral of Spells Clock with Lavinia Stamps

This clock was super simple to make and yet so very effective.
The design is stamped on to a 12cm circle of card which covers the CD it's mounted on to.
I use an eyelet setter to create the centre hole for the clock mechanism to go through.
Picked Raspberry distress ink is blended onto the background, lightening the colour nearer the centre of the circle.
The hardest part is centralising the Spiral of Spells I usually have a practise on scrap paper first, but I have been doing these clocks a long time so it's not so much of a challenge for me now.
Once the clock base was prepared I used candi for the numerals, using a protractor to line them up.
These are mounted with foam pads and I added some Star Dust Stickles "Stars" on top and left to dry before assembling the clock.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today....xKx

I sell kits for making CD clocks which contain everything you need -
Quartz Mechanism Sweep Movement (non-ticking) with Ornate Black Hands, AA Battery, CD, Stand, Gift Box and Pre-Cut Card Circle Discs for stamping, cut from quality stamping card.
Contact me craftyk@hotmail.co.uk for details


No comments: