Wednesday 6 February 2013

Exciting news at the start of February...

Good Morning! :-)
It's turned very chilly again now, bitter in fact and threat of snow again here in Kent.
I'm compiling this post at 07.30 while adapting to a completely new routine in our household.
It's a bit of an essay but please "bare with" while I update recent events.
Our new arrival Frasier, has been with us now for a week.
He's an 18 week old pedigree Beagle pup with a lot to explore and learn.
He's settled in well, it's a learning curve for us all, as Lupin was 3 when we re-homed her, we are getting into a routine and making good progress daily. 
So I am snatching my crafty moments as and when until he settles and we've established those all important boundaries.
The weekend was hectic as I was also visiting mum in hospital as she recovers from her broken hip.
The weekend's highlight though was the fabulous Clarity Stamp TV shows! So much to cram into a few hours and such lovely new stamp sets and demo's from the ever wonderful and inspiring Barbara Gray.
Apart from having my samples shown on the TV shows, along with those of other very talented DT members, there was some very exciting news!
The launch of the Clarity Stamp challenge blog, the Design Team members for the blog are a fellow group of crafty friends who between them have an array of crafting talent. They have been bought together for this team and will bring some of the most exquisite and quality craft makes to inspire all Clarity fans. The challenges are open to everyone and its going to be great fun for both new and experienced crafters to share so why not pop over and join in the first challenge which starts on March 1st, here is the link -
claritystampchallenge.blogspot.co.uk
I was very honoured to be asked to join the DT for this challenge blog, so all in all lots of exciting things happening!!!
So I will leave you for now and share this sample of mine with you that I know Barbara had a chuckle about when she saw so much shrink plastic on one card.
I made it using the new Quirky Trees and Cottages sets plus the bench and tree from the Wrought Iron sets and a Clarity Butterfly, it certainly seemed to create interest.


Thanks so much for popping by, hope you're having a good week so far xKx

16 comments:

Yvonne said...

Brilliant card Karen - so glad to hear that Frasier is settling in well.
I have a friend who had three children and when her new puppy arrived she was convinced it was easier looking after three young children!!! Xx

Linda Page said...

Great card Karen love all the shrinkies really fab xx

Unknown said...

Lovely to hear how Frasier is settling in, I'm sure you'll all get used to the new routine .. routine is so important with new puppies especially if the owner is wanting some ME time to do some crafting. Loved the shrinky card, I have dabbled with shrink plastic but my results are hit & miss it takes nerve to carry on when your artwork shrivels up like a quaver ha ha!!

DBL28 said...

Really lovely card, Karen. What do you use to colour the stamps and do you colour before or after the shrinkage palavar?

Mindful craft said...

Hi there DBL
Thank you,
I used colour pencils for this before shrinking, it doesn't look much when colouring but the clours intensify considerably after shrinking.
Karen x

Mindful craft said...

Hi Annie,
Thank you,
It's taken me a long time to build up confidence with the shrink, this is about the most I have ever done in one go!
I hope you pesevere and achieve some good results x

Mindful craft said...

Thanks so much Linda,
It's the most shrink I've done in one go!Lol xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank so much Yvonne,
I might reserve judgement on the puppy vs children scenario for the time being! Lol xx

DBL28 said...

Thank you, Karen, I'll give it a go!

Mindful craft said...

Let me know how you get on! :-) x

DBL28 said...

Success! I bought some frosted shrinkle sheets and used colouring pencils and the oven and they've worked really well. Funky cottage is so cute! Now to put them on a card :)

Mindful craft said...

That's great news!
Please share pics of your card, I'd love to see it :-) xx

DBL28 said...

Now I'm even trying my hand at blogging! Here's a link which has a photo of my shrinking exploits. Thanks again, Karen.

DBL28 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DBL28 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DBL28 said...

http://craftydawn.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/to-shrink-or-not-to-shrink/