Monday 18 February 2013

Time to play with the Gelli Plate...

"Under the sea"
I've already had a little play with my latest craft room edition but the first results are under wraps until 1st March when all will be revealed in my Challenge sample make for the Clarity Design Blog!
I had to practise a bit to get the hang of it and get to grips with what I was trying to achieve.
Really anything goes with this technique but you can be more specific if you think about a design and do a bit of forward planning.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist so this type of "freedom" is a challenge for me!
Anyhow this is an idea I created using the plate, I wanted to achieve an under the sea background.
I used a mix of paints I had to hand, some acrylics and some tester pots of emulsion, which is water based so a good alternative to acrylic.
Because I wanted a particular effect I applied the paint colours in an order, the green and rusty orange at the base then the darker blue working up to the lighter blue colour.
I was careful to blend the lighter colour first with my brayer, working down to the darker shades.
The smaller type bubble wrap gave the illusion of water bubbles and helped blend the colours together a bit more.
A non pointed plastic tool was used to create the coral at the bottom of the seabed.
Using a Rainbow ink pad I then stamped the Clarity Fish, also the ovals from the Numeral Set and the lower case letters from the Letter Set for "under the sea".
Glossy accents glaze over the letter bubbles and a few bubbles around the fish.
I'm looking forward to having much more fun with the Gelli Plate!...xKx

No comments: