Saturday 9 February 2013

Rose brooch on a gift tag

Now for something different, I wanted to decoupage this lovely rose so I decided to do this but made with film and fibre.
I made several roses in this way and used them to make the layers for decoupage and once complete I added some glamour dust on the edges to give a frosty effect and then mounted on a brooch back.
I thought a nice way to give this as a gift would be to attach it to a matching tag.
The tag was coloured using distress ink, Worn Lipstick, and the roses stamped with 2nd generation ink. I then sprinkled some irridescent embossing powder over the whole of the tag and heated to set, this gave a gorgeous shimmer. The quote was stamped and mounted using foam pads, mixed threads finish off the completed tag. Makes a rather nice gift I think....xKx

4 comments:

Linda Page said...

no other word for it STUNNING

xx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Linda! xx

DBL28 said...

I've been swithering about trying the film and fibre. Think this has made my mind up for me! Might just splash out when Claritystamp come to Glasgow in March

Mindful craft said...

It looks good with the butterfly stamp which is the demo I saw at Ally Pally last year, this too was made into a brooch.
I've also used it on an oriental clock design.
Barbara's DVD 3 shows fusible film and fibre on it.