Saturday 16 February 2013

It's the weekend again and...

I quite like to sit and blog while having my first cup of tea of the day, it gives me chance to reflect and I find it a pleasant way to ease into the weekend. It's all quiet and peaceful, no radio or TV or daily bustle going on yet and Frasier is napping, so here we go.
I wanted to use the lovely Clarity rose stamp and verse  again but keep it really simple to show off its beauty. It is another very versatile stamp as I have tried to show in my previous brooch design where it's been découpage and layered.
I wanted to try and create a sort of photo print background so firstly I stamped the rose in 2nd generation London Fog Momento ink all over the white background card.
The rose and quote were stamped in Worn Lipstick distress ink and the rose then coloured with Cocktail Pink Pro-marker. Mounted on to a salmon pink pearlescent card with some ribbon and gems and a scallop square card base.
This was another sample I made for the Feb TV shows, I have two more still to share which will complete my Feb samples.
Hope you're enjoying your weekend so far... xKx

4 comments:

Bernie Simmons said...

Loved this card when I saw it on the TV ...Lovely colours and the rose is beautiful.

Mindful craft said...

Many thanks Bernie!

Linda Page said...

Beautiful card - loved it on the telly but its much better close up.x

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Linda x