Saturday 7 June 2014

Fabulous New MDF Mirror Frames from Candy Box Crafts

I was over the moon to receive a fabulous new mirror frame from
Candy Box Crafts and one of their gorgeous new Piano's too...
Have you seen them yet? They're totally AMAZEBALLS.
I'm even more excited because even more crafty stash is on it's way too, how lucky am I.
Anyway my task was to work on the mirror frame and I know Roy is blown away by the Tarmac Technique so it had to be along those lines but I wanted to show something a bit different too.

As I've incorporated stamping into it it's also my parting design as I leave the wonderful
Visible Image Stamps DT. I've had an amazing three months there and it's gone in a flash.
It's been a complete pleasure working with Helen and Mark and the lovely DT and of course the fabulous stamps.
I know they will continue to go from strength to strength and I wish them all the best as I continue to follow them and the rest if the DT's inspiring work.
So my parting piece uses stamps from the new Fantasy Sets along with the Grunge Flourish and the Inky Bird for the dragon flames.
As I often do I had a vision of what I wanted to create for this great new MDF piece and it was
"A Fantasy Mirror" with of course the transformation from my "Magic Potion"
I've used a tree stencil/mask with Theresa Collins modeling paste, DecoArt chalky finish paints, DecoArt Metallic paints, tin foil, Viva Decor 3D stamp paint, Inka Gold waxes and Magical Tarmac!
The stamping areas are painted in the chalky paints, Heritage, Romance and Inheritance and stamped in the black 3D paint. The stencilled trees have been painted in the metallic paints, Rich Expresso and Crystal Green.
The Celtic circles have been layered onto punched circles to give them dimension.
I was happy with the outcome of this and there are also other great shapes for these frames, heart and flower so I'm looking forward to creating with those too and the other very lovely things I have to play with and keep me occupied! Lol

I'll be back soon with makings from my new venture with
Sweet Poppy Stencils as I was invited by the lovely Lucy to join their Design Team.
I've admired their products for so long and was recently inspired by Lucy to make a project after she had given me some guidance and a demo.
I never thought I'd be lucky enough to find myself on their DT! How fab is that!
I'm excited about working with the stencils and putting them together with the MDF pieces.

So here is my Candy Box "Fantasy Mirror" I hope you like it, thank you for looking today xKx










No comments: