Tuesday 10 June 2014

Sweet Poppy Love Hats

Good evening lovely people,
I've had a lovely day making my first DT card for Sweet Poppy.
The lovely Lucy Ellis invited me to join and I was so excited to accept.
I absolutely love these Hat stencils and immediately thought of a millinery store, then when I was in the shower my daughters shampoo bottle caught my inspiration! Lol In the colours I've used below it's called Tropical Fruits. My thoughts then went to Royal Ascot...
So I started by using stencil brushes to apply the colour for the hats and stands, I used distress inks in Tea Dye, Shabby Shutters, Worn Lipstick and Dried Marigold.
I masked off any areas I needed to so as not to put colour in the wrong places.
I then used Tumbled Glass with the Teardrop background in the areas I wanted to cover.
For the hats I wanted to decoupage them, I decided to do this by using a modelling/texture paste with my stencils I then cut the hats out and coloured with LuminArte Silks paints in Pink Azalea, Key Lime and Apricot Nectar.
I decided to dress each hat with embellishments and used ivory tulle net with a pearly buckle, pink ribbon, hat pins and gems, a feather and a pearly gem/button.
I used Pinflair glue to stick these in place.
Lastly I used the Love, from, Peace, Love and Blessings and made the word Hat from the
Home is where the Heart is stencil, coloured again in Worn Lipstick and cut around using a die from Spellbinders.
Lastly I matted onto a pale blue background.
I do love the result this gave me and I look forward to experimenting more with these lovely stencils.
Thank you for stopping by xKx



No comments: