Monday 16 June 2014

Spread your Wings and Fly...

My latest mixed media piece uses a heart shape mirror frame from Candy Box Crafts.
I've created layers using torn paper, gesso, matte multi medium, scrim, lace, beads and masking tape.
The colours are achieved mainly with LuminArte Silks available from Oyster Paper Crafts, I've also used blue, green and turquoise dylusions sprays.
Some of the texture has been created with Teresa Collins modelling paste, (again available from Oyster's), through Crafter's Workshop templates, Art is and Harlequin background.
The wooden hearts and doves were free ages ago in a magazine and the pearly embellishments are from Sweet Lilac Flowers.
I was inspired to do this piece when I saw the Jumbo stamps from Stampendous, Glance, Poppy and Butterflies.
My mission with this was to create a completely free piece of art that has no rules or boundaries, just find your artist wings and fly with it however the mood takes you.
I hope you find this inspirational, I loved creating it xKx

I'd like to enter this into the following challenge
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Anything Goes"






No comments: