Wednesday 11 June 2014

Samples for Sweet Poppy

Hope you managed to catch or record the show on Create and Craft yesterday with the lovely Lucy Ellis and Sweet Poppy Stencils.
The stencil designs and mediums are superb and Lucy's demo's are just so inspiring.
The exciting news is that some amazing new designs are just around the corner, I can't put into words how fantastic they are and there's not too long to wait before they're general release.
Anyway this is my first showcase for Sweet Poppy some of which were for the show yesterday and
some for Lucy's show display boards.

I'll pop back to give more detail about each one, today is the mirror frame below.
For this project I used the following stencils

I've used a Candy Box Crafts MDF Mirror Frame, these are great because you can add the mirror
after you've done all the messy work which saves masking.
I was inspired by Neil Walker for this project.
I stencilled all the images using a texture paste, for this project I used Theresa Collins Basically  Essential modelling paste.
I positioned the stencil images so that I could do them all together without having to let each one dry separately.
So I worked out where I would place the main stencil images and then carefully positioned the Teadrop background in between.
The Teardrop background is such a useful stencil, really is a must have.
Having said that, this paste is quite quick to dry and you can speed it up with gentle heating from a heat tool.
I then painted my frame using a tester pot of emulsion paint covering all the stencil work as well.
Before the paint was dry I used a damp cloth to wipe away from the stencilled areas to reveal the
stencilled images.
I placed the stencils back in position and applied Treasure Gold in White Fire, one of my absolute favourite gilding waxes over the images.
I brushed over lightly so it transferred some of the shimmer to other areas of the frame and then applied more wax around the inner and outer rims, finally finishing with the pearl, bow and tulle embellishments.
Thanks for looking today back tomorrow with more details from these makes.
Many thanks to my new followers both on here and my Facebook Page, such kind comments and wonderful feedback
Any questions please ask
craftyk@hotmail.co.uk
xKx
I'll be drawing a winner from the "CLOCK GIVEAWAY"  next week, it's been a bit hectic and the first opportunity I'll have to put all the names into the draw.
If you haven't entered by commenting yet on the post linked above please do so, I do read and very much appreciate all the comments left for me, thank you xxx




No comments: