Sunday 11 August 2013

Audrey Hepburn Collection


Good evening bloggers,
Hope it's been a good weekend for you all, the weather here has been really nice again and I know a lot of you have been involved in crafty activities this weekend.
As I mentioned in my previous post I love Audrey Hepburn!
For all these makes I have used two stencils from
 The Stencil Studio, they were really helpful as I asked them if it were possible to have the two stencils cut to A6 size which they did very quickly too.
If you pay them a visit perhaps you could give me a mention, they know what I've been making...
Anyhow on to my makes.
The first is an MDF clock which I painted in a Tiffany style colour and used the Clarity Letterbox Kit along with Flowers from Sweet Lilac, white grosgrain ribbon with a pearl ribbon slider again from Sweet Lilac.
I used black Archival to sponge colour on through the stencil, this does stain the stencil but I wanted a crisp black image and was delighted with the result.
This next card was inked through the stencil using a sponge with Peacock Feathers distress ink which I also used around the edge of the image.
A die cut trim, ribbon and flower embellishment to finish.
The following two cards used alcohol inks and laminating, stamping with black Archival ink.
I added the Filmstrip edging which is made using a ribbon punch and black card, the punch was also used on the edges of the cards where the ribbon is threaded through.
The wording was created with my label maker.
Clarity stamps used - A thing of Beauty, The Rose, Feminine and the Butterfly.

The pink card uses pink Raspberry distress ink to make the stripe background and to ink through the stencil.
Two blooms from Sweet Lilac, stamens from my stash and gems add the finishing touch.

Next is simply monochrome with Die cuts, ribbon and gems.
For the last two cards I created backgrounds using distress inks and mica powders with unconventional use of stencil paste.
I randomly sponged this through stencils, using gold and pearlescent paste.
The rose and butterfly have been glazed with Glossy Accents and clear dew drops added on the butterfly design.
Using same Clarity stamps.


Lastly two MDF plaques which have been painted and inked the same as the clock.
I stamped the Clarity Chandelier, added flowers from Sweet Lilac and gems.
Wording using my label maker and ribbon to hang.
I really enjoyed making these and hope you like them and gain some inspiration.
Hope the week ahead is good for you...xKx

Links -
http://www.thestencilstudio.com

Clarity Stamps

Sweet Lilac Flowers



4 comments:

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Karen these are just lovely! I live the colours you have used, spot on!!! Sam x

Hellen Pearce said...

Fabulous designs and colours Karen!x

Linda Page said...

These are lovely Karen I like them all. xx

Bernie Simmons said...

I love all of these xxx
so stylish. xxx