Thursday 29 August 2013

In The Bleak Midwinter

I've neglected my blogging so apologies for that, I just don't know where the time goes!
It's nearly Clarity weekend again and I still need to blog my last two cards from this month and the mid month samples I made for Maria, so I better get a wiggle on!
These last two cards were super quick and easy and I chose to use some previously made Gelli backgrounds which I thought worked quite well.
Both were stamped in Cobalt Blue Archival with a bit of ribbon and a few gems added.
With the square card I gold embossed the Carol Music at the top of the aperture section and then blended the snowy hills and sky with a pale moon.
I then stamped all the main trees into position and added the two faded trees in the background.
I particularly like the way the Gelli background colours worked with these stamps and the Cobalt Blue.

I'll be back soon with the mid-month collection!...xx

1 comment:

Jo Rice said...

Love both of these Karen, and the cobalt blue ink looks fab...I too have found that ready made Gelli backgrounds come in so useful....especially when a quick card is needed....looking forward to seeing more of your samples this weekend...hugs...Jo. X