Tuesday 13 August 2013

While Shepherds Watched

Morning everyone,
Here are two cards I made for the August Clarity shows with Barbara, I was looking through some Gelli backgrounds I'd made when I was practising a while back and thought the colours would work well.
I was really inspired using these stamps and backgrounds together.
The first card I masked off the moon and created the background scene with the Clarity Hills and Mountains Mask and part of the London Skyline which I hoped might resemble Bethlehem in the background?!..
Inks used were Adirondack Stonewashed and Willow, which I'm a bit addicted too since using the combination at Cowden.
I used a touch of Scattered Straw Distress Ink for the moon.
The Star was stamped and gold embossed and then the figures stamped with black Archival.
The next card I used the die cut layers, I stamped the Carol Music in position first and the created the bright moon with Butterscotch Adirondack.
Again the star was gold embossed and I added some white pen light shafts.
Using black Archival I stamped the characters and then added a partial colour line around to create a glow using Mustard Seed Distress Marker which was also used to colour the Carol Music.
Both these were very simple and straightforward but I was really pleased with the effect.
I hope you feel inspired....xKx




5 comments:

Hellen Pearce said...

Both lovely cards Karen, love the background effects x

Linda Page said...

these are both beautiful cards Karen I particularly like the background on the top one xx

Unknown said...

So lovely Karen, you're so clever ...who would have guessed that the London landscape could be Bethlehem :) xx

Naomi said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love the modern skyline behind, it updated the scene wonderfully. The 2nd card if wonderful too and both are inspiring.

Jo Rice said...

Both great cards Karen, how cool is the Gelli plate for creating backgrounds.
Love the idea of the London skyline too...x