Thursday 8 August 2013

Missing Piece of My Heart

Hi De Hi Bloggers,
I've scheduled this post to share while I am taking a bit of a break and playing "catch up" with my ever growing "To Do" list! Lol
I'm not sure how that will will work as I know I'll have a back log of  messages and emails to respond to upon my return.
In theory it was a good idea at the time, anyhow this is my make.
It uses the Jigsaw set from the recent Lesson 20 preview of In The Classroom with Barbara Gray.
The two piece stamp set, complete puzzle and single puzzle piece also comes with a mask set of all the pieces which makes it so versatile and pretty fun to use too!
I knew I wanted to create this "idea" and just had to think through how I was going to achieve the desired effect.
I set about practising on scrap paper first.
There may well be other ways of doing this but in the end this is how I did it.
I stamped the complete Jigsaw piece and then masked off the " missing piece" I could then stamp the heart and when the mask was removed "Et voila" you have a missing piece.
The tricky part was to create the correct image in the missing piece.
I stamped the missing puzzle piece onto a piece of card and cut it out.
Then I masked off all the pieces except for the missing piece and in the place of the missing piece I placed my cut out puzzle piece.
This meant that when I stamped the heart in position it would give me the section I needed on my missing piece.
The Letterbox Kit came into play for the wording and I matted and layered the puzzle, coloured with Promarkers.
The missing piece is layered using foam pads and I added a red gem for a bit of romantic interest.
If you are interested in seeing this done in stages in a tutorial let me know and I'll do one.
I hope you like it and that you find some inspiration for using this set...xKx



2 comments:

Jo Rice said...

Hi Karen, hope you are getting through your list of jobs...and find some time to relax later. I do love this stamp set and look forward to playing with it. Your card is so clever , thanks for the inspiration. X

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Jo, it's been nice having a break from the online stuff although I am aware of an increasing number of emails and messages that will need attention. I am ticking boxes but have also had to deal with a migraine which I could have done without :-( This puzzle stamp has endless possibilities doesn't it? You should have a "happy package" very soon ;-) xxx