Thursday 1 August 2013

Animals

So it's another new challenge over on the Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog
The theme this time is animals.
Thanks to everyone who entered last months challenge, and congratulations to the winner and our chosen top 5, the standard is always so high.
It makes choosing the too 5 a challenge in itself.
So this month I decided to use an MDF plaque for my design, a keepsake you might give a friend.
I painted the plaque in a neutral colour and masked off the large sun before sponging on paints, blue and white for a cloudy effect and green for the grass, then yellow and white for the sun.
I use either Adirondack paint daubers or emulsion tester pots depending on the colour I want.
Washing up sponges, the yellow ones with the green scourers are good cut up to use for dabbing on paint.
I stamped the Deer from the remountable Winter Wonderland set, the Dear Friend greeting and added some texture to the grass using the Lesson 15 remountable texture set.
The Deer and greeting are stamped in Sepia Archival and the grass texture using the paint with the small texture stamp.
The lovely flower and lace are from Sweet Lilac Flowers and gave just the finish I wanted for this little gift.
Jute string is used for hanging.
I hope you are able to join us over on the challenge this month, there's a £50 Clarity voucher for the lucky winner.
I'll be back soon with the last of my samples for July before the launch of the August designs on C&C this coming weekend.
Thanks for popping by....xKx


14 comments:

Hellen Pearce said...

Such a lovely idea Karen and beautifully done, the lace and flowers just finish it off perfectly x

Jane said...

Beautiful little plaque Karen. And yes I spotted the flowers! All very pretty! xx

Naomi said...

Beautiful, it could have a home on my wall anytime. Its lovely.

rae d said...

Terrific plaque Karen! Great gift for someone :-) xx

Sazzle said...

Great inspiration for this challenge Karen and such a fab present too :-) xx

Lynne said...

Beautiful plaque Karen. Such a lovely idea for a friend's present. x

Jo Rice said...

Gorgeous plaque Karen, ..such a clever idea....and the lace and flower compliment the stamping perfectly...x

Unknown said...

Fabulous plaque hun hugs Seema

Yvonne said...

What a lovely gift this would make.
Love the addition of the lace and flower.
Fabulous inspiration for this months theme x

Linda Page said...

beautiful plaque Karen and you are right it would make a great gift for a friend - now you have set me off one of my friends has lots of little plaques in her porchway mmmm xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous plaque, love the lace and lovely design xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

What a great plaque. I really like the stamped animals and the sentiment. Lovely colour and embellishments...a wonderful scene you have made

Hugs Lisa xxxx

Barbara said...

What a beautiful creation, Karen. I've never tried doing a wall-hanging, but you make it sound easy, so might 'give it a go'.....xx

Bernie Simmons said...

Oh Karen Lovely I like this one a lot....Nice make for Christmas I think ! xxx