Thursday 1 August 2013

Christmas Carollers

I needed to catch up with blogging and as it's so hot today I've found a cool spot in my living room with the back doors open to sit and do just this.
It was a bit hectic earlier this week as I had to complete my Clarity samples for this weekends TV shows.
They went off in the post yesterday and I have 3 more from the July shows still to share.
I kept them quite simple and used a large circle die cut for the first two, the first using it to create an aperture and the second for an embossed circle.
For the cream linen card I used an Archival ink pad in plum, cut around the stamped images and attached them with foam pads.
I used a stencil to emboss the cut out circle from the aperture and stuck this behind adding gems and ribbon bows to finish.
The second circle design I blended an ink background on the inner circle and stamped with black Archival for nice crisp images.
Then around the outer embossed circles I added two colours of liquid pearls.
The last card uses a circle effect created by masking giving a large moon or street lamp glow effect.
I blended the ink background using the peacock feathers distress ink pad and an ink duster.
I had the idea of creating a group of carollers for this DL card so I stamped the main image and then used second generation ink for the other two sets.
Liquid pearls again for the moon/lamp glow and ribbons/bows to finish.
Well that's my lot for the July Christmas samples, I hope you can pop over and look at the August designs that I'll be sharing.
Thank you again for reading....xKx





No comments: