Wednesday 11 November 2015

Shaving foam fun!

Evening all,
I can't believe I've neglected my blog for so long!
Last time I blogged I was off to a Bridal Shower for my daughters friend she's being Bridesmaid to.
It was a really lovely occasion and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
During half term week I hosted a children's make & take session at The Meeting Place.
We made Advent clocks (non mechanical), foam pictures and did lots of colouring, which was entered into a colouring competition.
The competition was for adults and children and seperated into age groups with the winner of each group receiving a reading book.
The make & take sessions along with a host of other activities have helped to encourage more people into the Meeting Place coffee shop and library and the great news is they now have funding until April next year.




I've also made time to meet up with my brother for lunch and have a good catch up.
Last week's session at The Meeting Place welcomed more new faces as we played with Brusho's and got very messy!


Then we spent the weekend in Hampshire, by the sea for my friend and her husbands joint 60th birthday party.
It was a really special time, wonderful happy memories!
Oh and my bright crafty hair under the hat!




This week I've been prepping for this weekend's workshop and today's make and take session was using shaving foam.
We used this in two ways firstly to create a background for stamping then using through stencils.
We were again joined by new ladies and some relatively new or completely new to crafting.
I just loved the reaction when I lifted the stencil off the demonstration project it was an "Oh wow!" moment!
We used up all the shaving foam and laughed so much about what the local shops might think to the sudden increase in sales!
I've had a few requests for a tutorial so next week I'll blog this for you.



Well that's me all caught up again with what's been going on.
Tomorrow I'm off to the shop where I sell my clocks before I finish my weekend prep and start on my next crafty jobs.
Hope the rest of your week goes well.
Crafty Hugs xKx 






No comments: