Friday 6 September 2013

Oh, the sight of Duck and Drake...

I don't think I'm alone when it comes to struggling with male themed cards.
So having just recently purchased some of the new Metallic Pan Pastels I decided to have a play and try a design for my Father in Laws birthday.
I used a dark blue card and embossed it with the Clarity 7 x 7 Treescape stencil.
I then used Permanent Red Pans and a mixture of  Bronze, Copper, Rich Copper and Pewter Metallic colours over the design to try and accentuate the embossing.
The thing that has really impressed me with the Metallic colours is the effect when used with a Versamark pad as I've done with the Ducks and the Quote.
 I then drew lines around the edges with a ruler and Versamark pen to give the gilded finish there too.
A quick spray of fixative seals the product.
A bit of layering up and some dots of Enamel Accents and job done!
I'm rather liking these and think a few more male cards will be created with them.
Hope you like this idea, I'm happy with the result.


No comments: