Monday 15 June 2015

A little bird told me...

Good Evening,

It's been a nice sunny day here in Kent.
I do hope the start of your week has been good.
I have a little canvas to share with you this evening....

Starting with a 10" x 8" stretched canvas which I primed with a couple of coats of Gesso and
roughly planning my layout using a couple of stamps from the
Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds cling stamp set.






These stamps have been hugely popular but, there were just a couple of sets left at the time of blogging this post.
A very simple way that I like to add texture is using scrunched up tissue paper, apply with matte Modge-Podge and dry with a heat tool.



Next I used a new favourite Midollino, bendable rattan sticks, these are so easy to shape and simply stick to your project with medium.




I decided to play with some Natural Sisal, just the smallest amount gave me the effect I was looking for.




Another favourite of mine is cheesecloth, I do have supplies of this if you're looking for any.
Simply rip into pieces, scrunch up and more super texture is created.



All these are secured with matte medium, heating to dry and fix in place.
Now I'm awaiting my supply of Dina Wakley heavy body acrylic paint so I ran with what I have.
I'm a firm believer in being resourceful and using what you already have! Lol
So I used a mixture of paints, chalky and acrylic, all from DecoArt, colours including, brown, beige, turquoise and lime to add colour to the canvas.


Nothing precise just dry brush strokes and dabbing,
drying inbetween and adding touches of white to highlight.



Next I used a bottle top to add white circle rings and dry brushed
black acrylic through yet another new favourite the cute Burlap Bits stencil from TCW.






The birdie and quote are stamped with black archival ink.
I used beige paint to colour a piece of card before stamping the quote and painted the birdie after stamping on white card.
I roughly painted my birdie with orange, yellow and pink adding shading with black and white highlights.


Now that's pretty much it, I could fuss around but, I'm happy with this result and I've learnt when to walk away...


Hope you feel inspired.
If there are any items linked that you can't find on my website please ask, I have some new supplies waiting to be uploaded.
Many thanks for visiting my blog today...back soon...
Crafty Hugs xKx







No comments: