Friday 1 March 2013

Clarity Blog Challenge is now live!

Woohoo the anticipation and wait is finally over and the Blog has now been launched.
I am so thrilled to be a part of this new challenge along with other lovely talented ladies.
We are all hoping you'll join in the fun over there with us.
claritystampchallenge.blogspot.co.uk
The theme for this first challenge is "Anything Goes" and it will run until the end of the month with the lucky winner receiving a £50 Clarity gift voucher!
Inspiration for me for this theme came from the latest Clarity Design Club stamp, which was a Celtic square, and my Gelli Plate.
I thought I'd do a card suited to a male theme and chose a Greek mosaic style adding the urns.
The monthly Clarity Design Club newsletter comes with a new design stamp each month.
This was my first efforts using the Gelli Plate and I started off by mixing and brayering acrylic paints onto the plate and then using the stamp to make an impression onto the painted surface.
I did this several times varying the paint colour and once dry I chose the best results and cut the mosaic squares into sections to assemble onto my design.
I mounted the cut out painted paper images onto card to strengthen them.
The centre images were layered up to form the design.
Before gluing into place I took the Crackle stamp and used this over my background to which I'd already blended ink from the Old Paper distress ink pad to give a distressed look.
I then stamped the crackle in a darker colour over the background ink.
The urns were created from the Versatile Vase which I embossed with gold embossing powder.
The centre floral motive is part of the remaining tiles cut, decoupaged and layered with foam pads.
It's going to be a busy weekend with the new Clarity Stamp arrivals on C&C on Sunday and I need to blog all my DT makes to share.
I was very inspired by this months stamps and made a total of 9 samples for the TV shows this month.
Thanks so much for looking at my blog and I hope you feel inspired by the Clarity Designs
Lots more blog postings to follow.....xKx




24 comments:

Sazzle said...

Karen I love the effect that the Gelli plate has created and can't wait to get one! The crackle stamp blends it all together with the urns to make a fab male card too :-)

I only got 3 samples made for C&C this weekend as I've been busy elsewhere ;-)


xx Sazzle xx

Bernie Simmons said...

Oh Karen this is such a lovely card...Gelli plate next on this list it is then!

Yvonne said...

This is a lovely card Karen. My shopping list just keeps getting longer! Xx

Naomi said...

Beautiful card Karen, so unique, love it.

Hellen Pearce said...

Super card Karen, love the embossed urns they look so 3D x

rae d said...

Totally stunning hunni!!! you have had great fun with Gelli plate xx

Lynne said...

Those tiles look fab, Karen - really textured. When I saw the card before I thought they'd been embossed. I think I need a Geli Plate. x

Unknown said...

I was really drawn to this lovely card, Karen ... I couldn't work out how you had made the background ..but now all has been revealed. Do i need a gelli plate well if it meant i could make such beautiful creations then I do !! xx Annie Mehew

Linda Page said...

This is a great card Karen love how you have used that little stamp and the gelli plate..... something else for my list? x

Jane said...

Oh Karen...isn't it exciting!!! Your card is smashing and holds a lot of inspiration for us all!! I want...no I NEED and gelli plate. It is on my wish list and I will be getting one as soon as possible! xx

Unknown said...

The tones and textures of this card are a real winner Karen. Beautiful natural, warm, colours too. Love it x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I can see I need to get that crackle stamp. You have used it so effectively, your card looks really luxurious. Thank you for giving us such brilliant inspiration to get started on the challenge. xx Maggie

Mindful craft said...

Thanks so much Sazzle, it was all an experiment that seems to have worked in the end! I think you'll be forgive re DT samples you've been a very busy lady utilising your skills elsewhere ;-) xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Bernie, I look forward to you getting a Gelli Plate and seeing what you come up with! xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Yvonne, too many lovely products to tempt us with eh ;-) xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thanks so much Naomi, I was trying to do something out of my comfort zone! xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Hellen, Clarity stamps are pretty versatile aren't they....xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thanks so much Rae! Trying to work out of my comfort zone with products, not always easy eh...xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Lynne, I was pleased with the texture effect this technique gives, no two designs are the same using the Gelli Plate that's for sure! xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Annie, the Gelli Plate is fun to use and certainly gives some interesting results, hope you get one soon! xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Linda, our craft shopping list never get shorter eh! xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thanks so much Jane, exciting times eh. I look forward to seeing your creations when you've got your Gelli Plate, it certainly gives interesting and varied results xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you Jane, I really wasn't sure about this design as it was all a bit of an experiment, it seems to have proved successful xxx

Mindful craft said...

Thank you so much Maggie, I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with and hope you enjoy taking part too xxx