Tuesday 12 March 2013

Faberge Eggs

I've sneaked back to bed with a cuppa on yet another arctic morning out there!
This weather is atrocious and I think we're all yearning for some sun and warmth.
With the weather looking as it is for a good few days yet snuggling in the warm and hot drinks will have to suffice for now I guess.
Looking ahead to Easter arriving shortly after the first day of Spring, which seems hard to believe at present! I have the two Faberge Style cards I made for the March Clarity TV shows to share.
They were both embossed using an antique gold powder and coloured using Pearl-Ex metallic colours from my watercolour palette.
I've had these iridescent paints for years and loved using them on black card when I first purchased them for a Christmas card technique I'd seen demonstrated.
It was nice to re-visit this and I enjoyed making these cards and keeping the designs clean and simple.
I've had some nice feedback for these cards saying how it reminded people about the exquisite and collectable Faberge Eggs and I enjoyed looking at the designs and styles while I designed these cards.
Stay safe and warm and I'll be back with the rest of the TV makes later xKx


No comments: