Saturday 31 May 2014

Gecko stencil, translucent paste, micro beads, Splodgeaway mask and gilding flakes

My first attempt at this technique, I've framed the finished project for my daughter as she has a Gecko called George.
I did the gecko stencilling first having watched and spoken to the lovely Lucy Ellis from
Sweet Poppy Stencils who guided me through the technique.
I told Lucy about this Gecko stencil I had from Dreamweaver and that I wanted to use it for my Daughter's birthday and I said I'd share the results once I'd finished.
I purchased the stencil when I saw it thinking of my daughter but having no idea what I'd do with it!
Once I'd coloured, used the paste and micro beads I left the Gecko aside to dry, I then went back to it to decide what to do next...
I'd already thought I'd use the Splodgeaway stencil as it was about the only thing I could find in my stash that I thought would work.
I tend to work with a vision, picture or story in my head and for this I kind of thought about mosaic work initially.
Next I decided as purple is my daughter's favourite colour I used Picked Raspberry distress ink for the centre.
I sponged this on to achieve a deep colour which appears to look like velvet.
After adding Black Soot in the corner areas I then decided to use gilding flakes around the edge.
I love the touchy feely affect and was very pleased with the outcome.
Hope you like it too, I'll definitely be doing more of this xKx



No comments: